A Dinner Event with Adrienne Barker
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
6pm – 8pm Dinner Event
Three things you will learn at this event:
- How to introduce yourself and network with confidence and ease
- The importance of remembering people's names and an easy method for doing so
- A refresher on basic table manners (after all, we'll be eating dinner!) and how to be an excellent business guest and host
JBL Pulse 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Light Show (Value $200)
As children, some of us had manners drilled into us by our parents. We know which fork to use and how to properly ladle soup into our mouths. Some of us were taught these things but quickly forgot them. And some of us didn't get any etiquette instructions at all - we've just been winging it at business meetings and fancy restaurants!
Like it or not, others judge us based on our behaviors and how we make them feel. Therefore, proper etiquette can mean the difference between forging a long-term business relationship with someone or not making a connection at all. When we follow proper etiquette, we signal to others that we are professional and that we respect them.
Etiquette isn't about rules - it's about respect.
And Adrienne is here to help!
With wit, charm, and humor, Adrienne will teach us about various Do's and Don'ts of business etiquette, including handshaking, eye contact, table manners, how to be a gracious host, how to be a gracious guest, and other important aspects of business interactions. Business etiquette may seem like a dry subject, but Adrienne makes it easy and fun! And you may be surprised by what you'll learn...
"I learned so much from Adrienne in a short presentation - it blew me away! This lady knows her stuff. She is fun and light and full of very valuable and important insights - the kind of wisdom that can truly make or break the first impression with anyone you meet or are looking to win over."
~ Trudy Ames
Adrienne Barker has made it her mission to teach others what she has learned in the 35 years she has been in business. She has served as Corporate Vice President for her families business, Barker Specialty Company. She also graduated from the Protocol School of Washington receiving her International Protocol and Etiquette Certification.
Adrienne started Professional Global Etiquette in 2016 and enjoys speaking to businesses, schools, and organizations sharing everything she has learned. Adrienne is currently the Community Development Manager for American Cancer Society and enjoys every minute of her day.
Adrienne is active and serves on a variety of boards and committees. She has graduated from three leadership programs that have helped her lead, work and understand how to play on the work playground. She is a proud Rotarian, Toastmaster and Board Member for the GLBT Tucson Chamber.
With four children - three boys, and twelve-year-old daughter - Adrienne remains active and tuned into her children’s life.
You can catch Adrienne's P's & Q's internet radio show on www.w4divas.com website or app.
Tucson Osteopathic Medical Foundation
3182 N, Swan Road, 85712
WHENWednesday, May 16, 2018
6pm - 8pm
Doors Open at 5:45 p.m.
Dinner will be catered including
gluten-free and vegetarian selections.
ONLINE EARLY BIRD
By Monday, May 14
Members: $19 / Non-members: $27
Members: $25 / Non-members: $35
Please pre-register online
so we have a proper head count.
- Full event price is due if you wish to attend any portion of an event or if you choose not to eat dinner. In fairness to all, no exceptions.
- If you've pre-registered but are not able to attend and if you email us no later than the Monday before the Wednesday event, your event fee may be applied to a future event. We are required to provide a headcount to our caterer in advance, so a credit of your pre-registration fee to a future event will only be granted during the open pre-registration period.
- When registration closes online, payment can only be made by credit card at the event registration table.
- No refunds are offered post-event for any reason.